Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Couple of Photographs

Occasionally I come across some photographs that catch my attention.Throughout the last year I've worked to scan three notebooks identified as Edna's by Mary Grace. Today are four that I liked.
New Year's Eve 1913
 The first is of New Year's Eve 1913 featuring many of the Walkers, from left to right on the back row are Bud Walker, Edna, Bill Smith, Ada Walker and an unknown. The front row is Eula Walker Faust, Jennie Thayer Walker, Marcie Walker, (Percy and Jennie's month old daughter), Betsy Sharpe Walker and Frank Faust. I don't know who's house it is, but there are some interesting poinsettia decorations that I can't quite figure out. Edna had been married in June of 1913 and Ada would marry Bill in a couple of years after this. The hairstyles of the women are starting to change as are the dresses.


 The other two are of Edna and Allan. The first was taken when he was about 3months old and she was 25. Edna and EA were married in June of 1913 and Allan was born in November 1914.
Edna and Allan, spring 1915
Edna and Allan, summer 1915
The second one is of Allan at 8 months and I wonder if it isn't his Christening day. The photograph isn't marked that way, but it's clearly a gown of some sort. Just my thought.

The fourth is of Percy Walker and his two children, Bud and Marcie. (There's also an unidentified man.) To me the backgrounds are fascinating and today we have signs, even more fun. This photograph is from 1915. The car reminded me of 1965's The Great Race starring Natalie Wood and Tony Curtis, but apparently that was a Thomas Flyer winner of the 1908 race. The Great Race

As to the last my post, Helen identified the third sister as Grace Walker Bale. So thank you, Helen.
Percy, Bud and Marcie enjoy a miniature Stutz Bearcat.

No comments:

Post a Comment