Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Sharpes Come to Kansas - Continued


This photograph has always confused me because the people in the picture are identified as Rebekah and William Sharpe and their children, Betsy, William, George and another name I can't make out. The only problem with that is that Betsy who is identified as the little girl is older than George. She and William are almost 10 years older than George. How does this relate to their immigration to America?

My thought is that it's a photograph taken right before they left England for America. That would make it a picture taken circa 1869. The children then would be George who would have been 9 in 1869 and James who would have been 8 in that year. I would guess the other children are Ada born in 1868 and Maude born in 1869. Why the five older children are not in the picture, I can't answer.

To be continued. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment