Saturday, January 15, 2011

IMAGES FROM THE WALKER HOME ON POLK
















These are pictures from the the home Gussie grew up on Polk which Scott and I believe is now a parking lot for an apartment complex.

I like all of them. I especially like the one of Gussie and Ada and their mother Betsy in their back yard. Why you ask? Because they're clinging to the only shade in the yard. I always thought I was the only one who craved the shade, but now once again I'm not original.

The other two are from the inside the house. The walls are covered with art, posters and family photos. It's also nice to see the piano. I'll look into it more to see if I can find the date of the photos, but if one assumes they were taken at the same time as the outside ones, I'm guessing summer. And with the flags I'm guessing Fourth of July.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like there is a lot of room for Gussie in the shade on the left. I wonder why she's in the tiny shade on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what the deal is with the branches hanging inside in the middle photo. I also like the odd pillow in the bottom photo of the young maiden as well as the bust of Lincoln on the piano.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - from reading your blog with great interest, I think Betsy in the photo emigrated from here in the UK with my grandmother's great uncle Edward. My grandmother was Phyllis Walker, grand-daughter of Tom Walker, and she grew up just down the road from where I am now at Russia Hall. I'd love to hear from you as there are plenty of Walkers still in the area who are totally unaware that we have distant cousins in America!
    With best wishes
    Shirley Smith (shirleysmith2929@tiscali.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete