Sunday, June 2, 2013

Getting in the Car - 1946





     Another video from the vast Burkhardt-Morgan collection that caught my fancy. I think it's winter 1946-1947 and the action takes place in front of Edna and EA's home. It starts out with Ray in an interesting plaid jacket playing with Jean Burkhardt's pull toy. Soon Mary Grace and Cokie dog make an appearance also playing with the toy. Everyone seems to be having fun with the toy except Jean. Allan shows up and smiles. While Mary and Helen have fun with the toy, Roy makes a running pass. Eventually after more hijinks everyone makes a formal procession. First in line are Helen Martha and Jean, then comes Edna and Mrs. Bissitt, followed by Mary, Helen and Roy and a woman I don't recognize. If Helen knows and lets me know, I'll add that.

     EA, who has clearly been filming, finally comes on stage.

     I will say Ray does most of the hijinks, even hiding behind Edna and making, I believe, the devil's horns behind her. Eventually some members of the party do make their way towards the car.






























































































    

















No comments:

Post a Comment