Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Continuation of 1119 Polk

 Scott asked if I had more photographs and these are all that I can find of the house. But in looking for these, I found a page that contained the second picture of the house on a card. A card similar to ones that were used as calling cards in the early 1900's - the words on it are Eissey Ande. I Googled that and came up with zip. I tried Google translation and got not much more. Eis is ice in German and Ande is something in Portuguese, but I don't remember what exactly. And to increase my frustration the card is on a page labeled from 1907 and no mention of the house being 1119 Polk.
 The interior photographs are not a great help because they were all shot with the windows behind the photographer. And the more I looked at the photos I have re-convinced myself that they are two different houses. The main reason being the chimney moves. It would be hard enough to raise a roof and add a room, but to move the chimney seems like a much harder job.

 Below are the card and the page it's on.
Also included are all the photographs, inside and outside that I have found.







 I will keep looking, but it may have to remain a mystery.




1 comment:

  1. Yep, I'm stumped. I still think it's the same house but I have no real reason. Thanks for posting the photos.

    ReplyDelete